Weekly fare cap
Introducing the weekly fare cap
Say hello to an easier, more equitable way to pay your fare: a new weekly fare cap with OMNY!
Take 12 paid OMNY trips with the same device or card starting Monday, and you’ll automatically ride free for the rest of the week through Sunday. Every week.
No need to buy a 7-Day Unlimited pass upfront. With OMNY, you pay only for the trips you take — and the more you ride, the sooner you’ll earn free trips.
Simply use your contactless credit or debit card, smartphone, wearable device, or OMNY card to pay your fare, and you’ll be one step closer to free rides.
How it works
- The fare cap is available for full-fare OMNY trips on New York City Transit subways and local buses (Reduced-Fare coming soon).
- You must use the same contactless credit or debit card, smart device, or OMNY card for each trip.
- Customers will automatically receive free, unlimited rides for the rest of the week once they have paid $33 in fares — the same as taking 12 trips.
- The seven-day period begins at 12 a.m. on Monday and ends at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday.
Earning a weekly pass: example
Once you’ve paid $33 for fares in a seven-day period (beginning at 12 a.m. on Monday and ending at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday), you can ride free for the rest of the week. Here’s an example:
- A rider uses the subway to get to and from work, and takes it on weekends to go into Manhattan to meet friends. They also use the local buses in their neighborhood to run errands.
- They use their smartphone to pay the fare, so each ride is $2.75.
- After taking 12 trips, they have paid $33 in fares — the rest of the rides for the week will be free!
Tracking your trips
You can track your progress toward reaching the weekly fare cap through a free and secure OMNY account, where you can also view your trip history, manage your travel cards, and more.